Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

My journey to the moari village

Title: My Journey To the Maori Village

Label: Writing

When I arrived there, the door just opened and steam was coming out. I could not see anything. When I took my first step I thought there was concrete but it was mud. I said to myself “Where am I? Oh no! did I take the time machine?” When I looked to my left, I saw miss Hancell - phew! it was my teacher but when I looked back I said to my self “Hey, where did she go?” I thought that she might have vanished.

I saw people walking around and looking at me. Why am I alone? So I kept on walking. I thought there was a time machine at the end of the village. I looked at their houses. They were old and the ground was muddy, but the smell was like hangi. It was yum but I already had my breakfast. They were wearing dirty clothes. Then I remembered - that’s right! I have got a walkie-talkie! I can talk to my friends.

When I took out my walkie-talkie, I tried to talk to my friends but I couldn’t . No, no! Why is it like this? Finally they reached me. “Brian, Brian are you there?”
“Yes I am! Finally! Where is the time machine? Send it down! I am stuck!”
“No, it’s ok. Calm down!”
“No no the village people are coming after me!”
“What?”
“They are coming after me! I told you, now I’m stuck.”
The village people walked towards me. “No!” I screamed and covered my face with my hands, but then someone said in a soft voice “Would you like some hangi?” I was starving because it was lunch time. They were so kind to me I forgot to reply back to my friends.

I heard boys doing the haka, I heard babies crying, girls and boys saying the karakia(prayer). I heard birds singing in joy.

I finished their hangi. It was smokey and tasty. I was about to ask them if I can have some more but then I said to my self “ It’s ok they don’t have much. ” I heard a loud sound outside. I ran out. Finally, the time machine had come down. “Thank you very much!” I waved goodbye. When I was inside the time machine I went to sleep.

I heard someone calling me, “Brian! Brian!” It was my friends - when open my eyes it was my mum. It was a dream.

By Brian

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous writing Brian! I really liked the part where you covered your face with your hands... I was wondering what was going to happen next. I didn't guess it was all a dream until I read that at the end. Keep up the great work!

    Mrs Anderson :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mrs Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good writing, Brian!!!

    ReplyDelete